- My Story
This March I will be joining six-time national champion and cyclo-cross superstar Tim Johnson, long time cycling journalist, advocate, promoter and announcer Richard Fries, and several other leaders of American bike culture for part of their five-day ride to Washington D.C. for the National Bicycle Summit.
We will be riding to support the Bikes Belong Foundation. One of the most effective non-profits in America, Bikes Belong manages
to convert every dollar it receives into $1,800 in government funding
for bike paths, bike lanes, bike programs and bike facilities. Visit www.bikesbelong.org for more information.
We hope to raise $100,000. If we meet our goal, Bikes Belong can leverage
that into $180 million in government funding for bike paths, bike lanes,
bike facilities and bike programs. No other donation you make could
make such a huge impact for America’s health, environment, and quality
Visit our Facebook page for more info.
Please consider donating. Any amount would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much!
- The Cause
The Bikes Belong Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization focused on improving bicycle safety and enhancing children's bike programs. It administers the Safe Routes to School National Partnership, supports the Bicycling Design Best Practices Project, and directs the Peopleforbikes.org campaign. Learn more at bikesbelong.org/foundation.
- Rapha NA donated $500.00 March 1, 2011 ... "JD- the people are counting on you. "
- @cat237 donated $110.00 March 4, 2011 ... "Bring back T-shirt Tuesdays!"
- Mike Mast donated $50.00 March 7, 2011
- Standard Practice donated $50.00 March 3, 2011
- Gage+DeSoto donated $50.00 March 2, 2011 ... "W I N N I N G (W O N ?)"
- Kapelmuur Independent donated $50.00 March 2, 2011 ... "It's a chapel. It's a wall."
- max ralph donated $50.00 March 1, 2011
- cindy donated $50.00 February 26, 2011
- Anonymous donated $50.00 February 11, 2011 ... "Kill Timmy. Drop him."
- CycloSportif donated $40.00 March 3, 2011
- Gates donated $20.00 February 15, 2011 ... "if we don't who will? boo-ya!"
- Otis donated $20.00 February 11, 2011 ... "Nice work on finding *another* excuse to ride for "work.""
- Grimm donated $10.00 March 2, 2011 ... "Ride fast. Take chances."