Welcome to my fundraising page. I'm excited to support HARC and the important programs HARC coordinates such as Micah's backpack.
HARC’s mission is to embody mercy, justice, and love as diverse faith partners in Washington County. While our ministry in the community is faith-based and God-led, we serve all people equally, regardless of beliefs. Impact of our work together includes:
• More than 1,000 children are currently being served by 50 churches and organizations with weekend food through Micah’s Backpack.
• Learning Parties offered, serving families with skills and materials to prepare their preschool-age children to enter school “ready to learn.”
• More than 100,000 books collected and distributed for children’s literacy efforts through the HARC/Rotary/United Way Community Book Drive over the last eight years.
• Maintain a list of Washington County food & clothing resources and support food pantries and soup kitchens through a collaborative effort.
• Began community education to prevent and heal childhood trauma, a root cause of many health and social problems in our society.
Thank you so much for helping me get to my goal!
HARC Hike for Hunger & Hope
HARC Hike for Hunger & Hope is a virtual fundraising event open to all ages. Proceeds support the important work of HARC and Micah's backpack in the Hagerstown community.
The Hagerstown Area Religious Council (HARC) is a coalition of faith community partners in Washington County, Maryland. While HARC’s partner congregations can differ greatly on theology, all agree on the strength of working together to build a better community, help those in need, and support one another.
We believe we can do more TOGETHER to embody mercy, justice and love as diverse faith partners in Washington County.
We seek to fulfill this vital mission in the following ways:
- We believe no child should ever go hungry! Micah's Backpack serves more than 1,000 children with nutritious food for the weekends through a partnership of nearly 50 churches and organizations.
- Food & Clothing Resources - HARC maintains a list of food pantries, soup kitchens and clothing banks in Washington County. We also post/share information about summer food and other food programs.
- Through our "Enough for our Children" initiative, we seek ways to ensure that all children in Washington County have enough: enough food, education, stability, and emotional support to thrive. This initiative includes serving through Learning Parties, teaching parents how to prepare their pre-school age children for school, and through training community members about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and how to prevent and heal childhood trauma.
- We believe that all people are made in the image of God and loved by God equally. We strive to bring about equal opportunities for all people in Washington County through our Racial Justice initiative.
We celebrate 20 years of HARC's Interfaith Coalition! Birthed out of the tragedy of 9-11-2001, the Interfaith Coalition exists to bring people of different beliefs together to promote peace, respect, and compassion in our local community. Through dialogue and public presence, we welcome each person’s unique spiritual perspective, strive to learn more about each other, and seek to honor the diversity of our various traditions.
Information and Resources:
Find information, resources and events listings on our website at www.harccoalition.org. Also sign up for HARC’s weekly News Flash for a rich assortment of news, events, and information geared specifically to the faith community. HARC also connects congregations and organizations with similar passions and interests to have a greater impact in their work.
Fellowship and Support:
HARC fosters activities that connect and support clergy and congregations.
HARC organizes and sponsors community events such as a Good Friday Cross Walk, Interfaith Community Thanksgiving Service, and the Hagerstown Historic Houses of Worship Tour.