- My Story
Thanks for visiting my Hot Chocolate Run fundraising page! On December 2, I'm running or walking in this year’s Hot Chocolate Run. This great event raises funds for Safe Passage, the organization addressing domestic violence in Hampshire County.
I hope you’ll make a donation and help me meet my fundraising goal. Safe Passage relies on support from people like us to fund their programming--including an emergency shelter program, individual counseling and support groups, legal services, a 24-hour hotline and more. Here are some examples of what these services cost:
$20: Emergency funds for a woman to purchase groceries or diapers
$45: A one-hour counseling session for a woman seeking help for the first time
$80: One weekly drop-in group session for survivors of domestic violence
$100: An hour of ASL interpreting for a deaf survivor's counseling session
$135: Three sessions for children who have witnessed domestic violence
$500: A month of on-call advocacy for victims of domestic violence police calls
All contributions are tax-deductible, and you’ll receive an emailed receipt immediately after you donate.
Thank you so much for your support! If you want to register for the event or learn more about it, visit http://hotchocolaterun.com.
- The Cause
Safe Passage is the organization in Hampshire County building safety, hope and justice for families who have lived with domestic violence. Adults and kids come to Safe Passage for a variety of programs: an emergency shelter, counseling and support groups, legal advocacy, and so much more. We also work to prevent domestic violence before it happens through our community engagement programs. We hope you'll join us in our work by making a donation! Learn more at our website.
- Martha and Bob Rowen donated $100.00 October 2, 2012 ... "You go, Cate! Thanks for the steps you're taking for this cause."
- Kim donated $50.00 November 15, 2012 ... "Thanks Cate for all of your inspiration!"
- Sherrill Redmon donated $50.00 November 12, 2012
- Kathy donated $45.00 November 26, 2012 ... "Rock it, Cate!!"
- Dad donated $30.00 November 12, 2012 ... "...and enjoy the run"
- Marissa & Andrew donated $20.00 November 26, 2012
- Marcy M. donated $20.00 November 26, 2012 ... "Run, Cate, Run!"
- Lauren Duncan donated $20.00 November 26, 2012
- Minh & Kathy donated $20.00 November 26, 2012
- Kate Queeney donated $20.00 November 12, 2012
- Patti donated $15.00 November 29, 2012
Safe Passage is a 501 (c) (3) EIN: