- My Story
This isn't your standard charity page.
I ran the Hot Chocolate Run in a Deadmau5 costume, complete with tiny speakers in the head.
A bit of his music for those of you who are unfamiliar with him
I ran this race last year in a banana costume , but I didn't raise any money. Not this year!
How about donating $5 for running as Deadmau5? (Get it? Yes you did)
This great event raises funds for Safe Passage, the organization addressing domestic violence in Hampshire County.
I hope you’ll make a donation and help me meet my fundraising goal. Safe Passage relies on support from people like us to fund their programming--including an emergency shelter program, individual counseling and support groups, legal services, a 24-hour hotline and more. Here are some examples of what these services cost:
$20: Emergency funds for a woman to purchase groceries or diapers
$45: A one-hour counseling session for a woman seeking help for the first time
$80: One weekly drop-in group session for survivors of domestic violence
$100: An hour of ASL interpreting for a deaf survivor's counseling session
$135: Three sessions for children who have witnessed domestic violence
$500: A month of on-call advocacy for victims of domestic violence police calls
All contributions are tax-deductible, and you’ll receive an emailed receipt immediately after you donate.
Thank you so much for your support! If you want to learn more about the event, visit http://hotchocolaterun.com.
- The Cause
Safe Passage is the organization in Hampshire County building safety, hope and justice for families who have lived with domestic violence. Adults and kids come to Safe Passage for a variety of programs: an emergency shelter, counseling and support groups, legal advocacy, and so much more. We also work to prevent domestic violence before it happens through our community engagement programs. We hope you'll join us in our work by making a donation! Learn more at our website.
- Trixie the Wonder Beagle donated $50.00 November 19, 2012
- Anonymous donated $50.00 October 10, 2012
- johnny5ive donated $25.00 October 10, 2012
- RedditBitesBottoms donated $16.00 October 10, 2012 ... "Come on Reddit, who is gonna knock me off the top pledges?"
- draconnery donated $11.11 October 10, 2012
- ILiveAboveU donated $10.00 October 13, 2012 ... "Good Luck Kid"
- Blank donated $10.00 October 12, 2012 ... "Hi Frank"
- VivaParis donated $10.00 October 10, 2012 ... "From a Reddit supporter! "
- Anonymous donated $10.00 October 10, 2012
- Anonymous donated $8.00 October 10, 2012 ... "great job!"
- woooReddit donated $6.00 October 10, 2012
- MarkItZero donated $5.89 October 10, 2012
- HyperLithium donated $5.55 October 10, 2012
Safe Passage is a 501 (c) (3) EIN: