Thank you helping us raise funds for the St. Nicholas Center for Children by participating in the Wheels of Hope and our fundraising section. Your contributions and your friends' contributions will be used for needed equipment, scholarships for children that cannot afford the services, therapy, and instruction at the Center. Unfortunately, autism is the fastest growing developmental disability in the United States and costs the nation over $238 billion per year. Here are some of the facts:
- About 1 in 45 children has been identified with autism nation-wide according to the Center for Disease Control;
- Autism is reported to occur in all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups;
- It is about 4.5 times more common among boys (1 in 42) than among girls (1 in 189);
- Autism receive approximately 5% of government research funding; and
- There is no medical detection or known cure for autism, however, thousands of children have shown significant improvement resulting from early diagnosis and use of effective interventions.
Thank You Again for your support!!