Thank you for visiting my fundraising page! Together we are making an incredible impact on the lives of thousands of young people through the sport of cycling.
The CT Cycling Advancement Program (CCAP) is a one-of-a-kind charitable organization dedicated to giving youth and families access and exposure to the sport of cycling. Since it began in 2013, the CCAP has helped start 47 youth teams in CT's schools and towns, which currently serve 549 kids. The CCAP has twice been recognized nationally by USA Cycling as "Club of the Year".
The CCAP is important because it creates opportunities for kids to participate in cycling teams and become involved in a healthy activity that is life-long. Cycling is a unique team sport where every kid gets to ride and have fun and no team member is left sitting on the bench. With the CCAP, all kids, no matter their experience level or means, can participate and have the support to develop as far as their passion and ambition can take them.
Making a donation is easy and safe- simply click the "Donate" button.
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit Ride
May 11, 2019 - Bolton, CT
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit is a fundraising event for youth cycling programs in Connecticut's schools and towns. Your participation starts more youth teams, empowers more coaches to lead, and gets more kids on bikes! THANK YOU!
“What the difference is....in my opinion was the CCAP. Many of our kids have never been out of town, to a mountain bike area, etc.... Many can’t afford team sports or their behavior would not be tolerated in a team environment. Having a sport like cycling and being able to spend time with friends is important to these kids.” - Coach Bill Davis, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford
Breakaway Benefit Experiences
- Mountain Bike and Road Rides: Enjoy Connecticut's most beautiful and scenic roads during fully supported rides of 20, 40, or 62 miles. For mountain bikers, the popular trails at Case Mountain will serve up hours of fun and challenging riding.
- Bonus Time Boogie!: All Mountain Bike and Road riders are encouraged to participate in the Bonus Time Boogie p/b Best Cleaners! Teams and individuals who complete the Breakaway Benefit courses in the lowest time will be recognized a the Bonus Time Boogie Champions. Time bonus challenges will reduce the ride time of participants and keep everyone laughing the miles away. Click here for the Bonus Time Boogie rules.
- Delicious Food and Drink: Pre-ride light breakfast and a top-notch lunch afterward to celebrate your ride.
- Cannondale Demo Trailer: Mountain and road bikes will be available from Connecticut's own world-class bike company and CCAP bicycle partner, Cannondale.
- Live Music and Entertainment for kids and adult cyclists
- Marked and fully supported routes
Please visit our volunteer page to sign up! Volunteers will receive a complimentary breakfast and lunch from A Villa Louisa. No fundraising required for volunteers. Additional volunteer questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
7:00 AM - 8:30 AM: Rider check-in and team photos
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM: Opening Ceremony for all road and mountain bike rides.
9:00 AM - All rides begin!
10:30 AM - 3:00 PM: Post-ride celebration with delicious food, live music, Cannondale demos, and more
A Villa Louisa
60 Villa Louisa Road
Bolton, CT 06043
The Connecticut Cycling Advancement Program's mission is to ensure that Connecticut's youth and their families have access and exposure to an organized state-wide youth cycling league. Additionally, youth and their parents should be able to see a clear avenue that allows them to develop as far as their ambition, skills, and abilities can take them. The sport of cycling teaches a child or young adult a wealth of values, social skills, and mindsets that help them become successful in every aspect of their life, and the CCAP is proud to provide kids across the state with the opportunity to participate in a safe and positive team-based environment.
Recognized nationally for its impact and leadership, the CCAP partners with communities and schools to grow youth cycling throughout Connecticut. More than 55 Connecticut school districts and towns have created CCAP-registered cycling programs or are in the process of establishing cycling clubs and teams. over 550 youth participate in these programs. In addition, 40 CCAP youth-specific events were held in 2019. With your help, the CCAP is just getting started!