May 11, 2019 - Bolton, CT
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit is a fundraising event for youth cycling programs in Connecticut's schools and towns. Your participation starts more youth teams, empowers more coaches to lead, and gets more kids on bikes! THANK YOU!
“What the difference is....in my opinion was the CCAP. Many of our kids have never been out of town, to a mountain bike area, etc.... Many can’t afford team sports or their behavior would not be tolerated in a team environment. Having a sport like cycling and being able to spend time with friends is important to these kids.” - Coach Bill Davis, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford
Breakaway Benefit Experiences
- Mountain Bike and Road Rides: Enjoy Connecticut's most beautiful and scenic roads during fully supported rides of 20, 40, or 62 miles. For mountain bikers, the popular trails at Case Mountain will serve up hours of fun and challenging riding.
- Bonus Time Boogie!: All Mountain Bike and Road riders are encouraged to participate in the Bonus Time Boogie p/b Best Cleaners! Teams and individuals who complete the Breakaway Benefit courses in the lowest time will be recognized a the Bonus Time Boogie Champions. Time bonus challenges will reduce the ride time of participants and keep everyone laughing the miles away. Click here for the Bonus Time Boogie rules.
- Delicious Food and Drink: Pre-ride light breakfast and a top-notch lunch afterward to celebrate your ride.
- Cannondale Demo Trailer: Mountain and road bikes will be available from Connecticut's own world-class bike company and CCAP bicycle partner, Cannondale.
- Live Music and Entertainment for kids and adult cyclists
- Marked and fully supported routes
Please visit our volunteer page to sign up! Volunteers will receive a complimentary breakfast and lunch from A Villa Louisa. No fundraising required for volunteers. Additional volunteer questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
7:00 AM - 8:30 AM: Rider check-in and team photos
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM: Opening Ceremony for all road and mountain bike rides.
9:00 AM - All rides begin!
10:30 AM - 3:00 PM: Post-ride celebration with delicious food, live music, Cannondale demos, and more
A Villa Louisa
60 Villa Louisa Road
Bolton, CT 06043