Did you know that Nearly 1.3 million New Yorker's face hunger, struggling to fill their plates .
Please join me on the Ride on Octber 7th. Join me in the fight against Hunger in NYC.
Help feed the nearly 1.3 million New Yorkers who are struggling to fill their plates. Each dollar donated will help CityHarvest rescue 4 pounds of food and deliver it to soup kitchens, food pantries and other community food programs across the five boroughs. That's enough food to help feed a family of four for a day!
Please donate what ever you can.....Thank you !
The 'Ride' for City Harvest
Cycling Network International
The RIDE will be a Social Benefit Ride and will act as proof of concept for the Cycling Network International platform. There will be two seperate routes....35 miles and a 75 mile loop around RockLand Lake...more details to come....2 rest stops , fully supported and marshaled by CNI ride leaders.. breakfast at 7am-8am and after party back to venue at Roula at 1 Pier 76, 408 12th avenue, 35th street. New York, NY 10018. we are going to have a silent auction , raffles, and special segment prizes to be announced....and special guest riders too. Join us !
Check out the Event Poster Below.
Our goal is to grow this ride and our membership, year over year and to establish a strong relationship with CityHarvest, Participating Partners and Sponsors to help with their goal of delivering food to hungry New Yorkers.
To bring people together for causes, bring people together for the ride. We ensure a safe, and enjoyable event / ride for every participants.
We leverage our knowledge, years of experience and vendor/ partner-contacts and attention to detail to organize and produce the Benefit Ride. Driven by connections, community and service. CNI is a cycling club, like no other. Forming trust and friendship, in a collective environment.
Our members are part of the community that is driven by an active lifestyle, by members who want to pay it forward, give back, and do some good by making an impact.
Thank you to our Participating Partners.
Lucarelli & Castaldi AcmeBicycleCo FM Home Loans Maglia Rosa NYC
OTTERSTEDT INSURANCE Building On Bond FAWKNER Montecci Bikes
Charity Charge Master Card Bike Division Tour Operator ROULA
Cycling Network International is proud to produce this Benefit Ride for CityHarvest.
Today, CityHarvest is New York City’s largest food rescue organization, helping to feed the more than 1.5 million New Yorkers who are struggling to put meals on their tables. They will rescue 109 million pounds of food this year and deliver it, free of charge, to hundreds of food pantries, soup kitchens, and other community partners across the five boroughs. Their programs help food-insecure New Yorkers access nutritious food that fits their needs and desires; increase our partners’ capacity; and strengthen the local food system, building a path to a food-secure future for all New Yorkers.
Funds raised will benefit CityHarvest, where every dollar helps rescue 2 pounds of food that feeds 2 Hungry New Yorkers for a day and delivers it to soup kitchens, food pantries, and other community food programs across the five boroughs.
- City Harvest is New York City’s largest food rescue organization. Through relationships with farms, grocers, restaurants, and manufacturers, City Harvest collects nutritious food that would otherwise go to waste.
- City Harvest delivers this food free of charge to our network of hundreds of soup kitchens, food pantries, and other community food programs across the five boroughs, using a fleet of 26 trucks that are on the road seven days a week.
- City Harvest delivers an average of nearly 300,000 pounds of food daily.
- This year, City Harvest will rescue 109 million pounds of nutritious food, more than half of which will be fresh produce.
Hunger in NYC
- More than 1.5 million New Yorkers will face hunger this year, including more than one in four New York City children.
- Prior to the COVID-19 crisis, there were 1.6 million New Yorkers living in poverty – which is nearly 20% of all New Yorkers.
- Almost half of all households in New York City—over 2.5 million men, women, and children—lack the income needed to cover basic necessities like
food, housing, transportation, and childcare.
• $10 helps feed 40 people
• $20 helps feed 11 people for a week
• $50 helps feed 6 people for an entire month