The purpose of Palms to Pines Parasports is to create a more-inclusive society by providing competitive and recreational opportunities for people with physical disabilities while instilling a lifelong passion for wellness, helping athletes realize their full potential. We envision a world in which adaptive athletes have the same opportunities to lead as full a life as their able-bodied peers.
We are a regional organization, incorporated in California in June 2020, accomplishing our mission through collaborations between public, private, non-profit organizations, and individuals. PPP was established due to the lack of consistent sport opportunities and improved quality of life for persons with physical disabilities throughout Riverside County and other Southern California communities.
PPP engages athletes on their abilities taking a customized approach to each individual athlete and his or her family. We go to extraordinary lengths to identify potential and current athletes to meet them where they are in their life journey. This means engaging with athletes and their families on the playing field, in rehab facilities, hospitals, their homes and/or any other location that is comfortable.
PPP has five major goals:
- Deliver a broad array of adaptive sports and activities through a sustainable non-profit organization;
- Create greater awareness of the capabilities of people with physical disabilities through outreach and support;
- Enable people with physical disabilities to achieve and lead fulfilling lives and to challenge themselves, by playing sports in a safe environment, applying “sports lessons” to all aspects of life;
- Establish itself as the go-to organization in finding resources and information for people with disability; and
- Introduce athletes to sports and wellness, providing opportunities for acquiring the necessary tools to participate.
We RISE to the challenge of providing adaptive sports for everyone based on their individual needs. We take our values to heart ensuring PPP will be a leading adaptive sport organization:
RESILIENT - We take pride in what we do. We prepare for a future without fear, prejudice or discrimination.
INCLUSIVE- We embrace diversity by being open to everybody wishing to participate. We seek out other perspectives and consider the impact of our decisions on the community as a whole;
SERVICE- We have a passion for compassion. We understand and support everybody in order to bring out their best. We dis(cover)abilities; and
EXCELLENCE - We are honest, fair and transparent. We proactively seek out partnerships with others to create the best-possible outcomes for participants.