Great Avalonia Trail Trek
Join us for the Great Avalonia Trail Trek, a week-long fundraiser to support Avalonia's efforts to conserve land, protect watersheds, and address the climate crisis! From Saturday, October 16 to Sunday, October 24, 2021, you will have the opportunity to hike, run, kayak, or cycle* on Avalonia's preserves- all to benefit the Avalonia Land Conservancy!
To participate, just register for the activity you would like to do - your registration fee goes to Avalonia and is tax-deductible. Once you are registered, you will receive a personal fundraising page that you can send out to friends and family for donations (again, all donations are tax-deductible!) Then get out on the trails from Saturday, October 16 through Sunday, October 24 to get some fresh air and a good workout!
We will have prizes for Top Vertical Challenge, Top Mileage Challenge, fastest time around the Blue Trail at the TriTown Forest Preserve,and Top Fundraiser.
*Mountain biking and kayaking on limited preserves, locations will be provided. Road biking routes provided!.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
CHESTNUT FOREST SPONSORS
Groton Public Utilities
85th Day, LLC
Hull Forest Products Riverhead Building Supply In Focus Eyecare
Full Heart Farm Avidia Bank ABC Photolab
Sweet Grass Creamery Extreme Terrain Pastimes
Kelley's Pace Zest Fresh Pastry
- FOR HIKERS and RUNNERS. Stay on the trails. Our preserves provide critical habitat for wildlife, so thank you for staying on our well-maintained trails.
- FOR CYCLISTS - Road cycling routes are provided to ride your bike to one of your favorite preserves. Mountain biking is allowed on the Antonino and Atkinson Preserves ONLY.
- To qualify for Challenge prizes, you must raise $250. Because this is a fundraiser, the money you raise will help the Avalonia Land Conservancy. Donations are fully tax-deductible! If you need fundraising tips, please e-mail Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Challenge prizes will be determined through Strava. You can link your RunReg registration to Strava and upload your daily data for the chance to win a Challenge prize. You will need a Strava profile to do this.
- Follow Covid-19 guidelines - We are still following Covid-19 guidelines.
- Dogs must be leashed. We love man's best friend, but please keep your dog on a leash on our properties.
Check out our Fundraising Incentives!
- Register: Receive Avalonia Trail Trek decals
- Raise $100: Receive the Avalonia decals and the official Great Avalonia Trail Trek buff.
- Raise $250: Receive the above items, plus your choice of an official Avalonia baseball cap, bucket hat, or winter knit hat.
- Raise $500: Receive the above items, plus a choice of two hats
- Raise $750: Receive the above items, plus a gift card to an area business
- Raise $1000: Receive the above items, plus a gift card to Kelly's Pace
QUESTIONS? Contact Terri Eickel at email@example.com
Avalonia Land Conservancy
The Avalonia Land Conservancy is a non-profit land trust that saves CT's beautiful open spaces in order to provide critical habitat for wildlife, protect important watersheds, and combat climate change. The Avalonia Land Conservancy has conserved over 4,450 acres across southeastern Connecticut - with your help, we will be able to continue conserving the land you love!