NOVEMBER 1, 2021 is the LAST day to donate! Help us reach our goal!
Join us for the Great Avalonia Trail Trek, a week-long fundraiser to support Avalonia's efforts to conserve land, protect watersheds, and address the climate crisis! From Saturday, October 16 to Sunday, October 24, 2021, you will have the opportunity to hike, run, kayak, or cycle* on Avalonia's preserves- all to benefit the Avalonia Land Conservancy!
To participate, just register for the activity you would like to do - your registration fee goes to Avalonia and is tax-deductible. Once you are registered, you will receive a personal fundraising page that you can send out to friends and family for donations (again, all donations are tax-deductible!) Then get out on the trails from Saturday, October 16 through Sunday, October 24 to get some fresh air and a good workout!
We will have prizes for Top Vertical Challenge, Top Mileage Challenge, fastest time around our official Trail Trek 3.1 mile loop at the Atkinson Preserve,and Top Fundraiser.
*Mountain biking and kayaking on limited preserves, locations will be provided. Road biking routes provided!.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
CHESTNUT FOREST SPONSORS
Groton Public Utilities
85th Day, LLC
Hull Forest Products Riverhead Building Supply In Focus Eyecare Aquarion Water
Full Heart Farm Avidia Bank ABC Photolab
Sweet Grass Creamery Extreme Terrain Pastimes
Kelley's Pace Zest Fresh Pastry
- FOR HIKERS and RUNNERS. Stay on the trails. Our preserves provide critical habitat for wildlife, so thank you for staying on our well-maintained trails.
- FOR CYCLISTS - Road cycling routes are provided to ride your bike to one of your favorite preserves. Mountain biking is allowed on the Antonino and Atkinson Preserves ONLY.
- To qualify for Challenge prizes, you must raise $250. Because this is a fundraiser, the money you raise will help the Avalonia Land Conservancy. Donations are fully tax-deductible! If you need fundraising tips, please e-mail Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Challenge prizes will be determined through Strava. You can link your RunReg registration to Strava and upload your daily data for the chance to win a Challenge prize. You will need a Strava profile to do this.
- Follow Covid-19 guidelines - We are still following Covid-19 guidelines.
- Dogs must be leashed. We love man's best friend, but please keep your dog on a leash on our properties.
Check out our Fundraising Incentives!
- Register: Receive Avalonia Trail Trek decals
- Raise $100: Receive the Avalonia decals and the official Great Avalonia Trail Trek buff.
- Raise $250: Receive the above items, plus an official Avalonia long-sleeved shirt (men's and women's sizes available, men's color choices: black heather, navy, white, women's color choices: white, light grey, navy)
- Raise $500: Receive the above items, plus an official Avalonia winter knit hat (color choices: white, navy, gray, and pink)
- Raise $750: Receive the above items, plus a gift card to a local business and an official Avalonia scarf (color choices: gray or black)
- Raise $1000: Receive the above items, plus a gift card to Kelly's Pace, and an official Avalonia sweater fleece vest.
(Due to supply chain issues, we are unable to offer our Avalonia baseball cap and Avalonia bucket hat, as previously advertised. We hope to have these items next year!
QUESTIONS? Contact Terri Eickel at email@example.com