Thanks for visiting my Breakaway Benefit fundraising page!
The Breakaway Benefit Cycling Festival is the cornerstone fundraiser for the Connecticut Cycling Advancement Program (CCAP) and provides hundreds of kids with access to cycling and cycling teams all across the state. The CCAP started in 2013 and has grown to be a national leader in the development of youth cycling programs with teams in schools and regions across the state. In the last ten years, we've served thousands of kids and orchestrated hundreds of events in over 50 different towns. Today, over 400 youth riders participate across 40 programs in mountain biking, road cycling, and cyclocross. Additionally, over 30 youth race events and skills clinics are hosted annually by the CCAP. With your support, you're helping create more school and municipality-based youth cycling programs and helping the CCAP get thousands of more kids on bikes, so please donate! Together we can make an incredible impact on the lives of thousands of young people through the sport of cycling.
Making a donation is easy and safe- simply click the "Donate" button.
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit Cycling Festival
June 3, 2023 - Bolton, CT
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit Cycling Festival is a fundraising event for youth cycling programs in Connecticut's schools and towns. Your participation starts more youth teams, empowers more coaches to lead, and gets more kids on bikes! THANK YOU!
“What the difference is....in my opinion was the CCAP. Many of our kids have never been out of town, to a mountain bike area, etc.... Many can’t afford team sports or their behavior would not be tolerated in a team environment. Having a sport like cycling and being able to spend time with friends is important to these kids.” - Coach Bill Davis, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford
Breakaway Benefit Experiences
- Road and Mountain Bike Rides for ALL: Enjoy Connecticut's most beautiful and scenic roads during fully supported rides of different lengths. Our Road Sampler is perfect for a beginner to novice rider and is fully marked, so no need for a navigation device if you don't have one. Double Trouble and The Big Scoop offer fun for riders of all abilities but are a bit longer - ride at your own pace or have fun with the optional timed segments. You'll need a ride computer or phone mount to navigate this one. Mountain bikers, will be riding the beautiful trails of Case Mountain with ride lengths of multiple distances; expect routes as short as 5 miles and as long as 15. We will have coach-led routes with GPS files and trail markings to accompany them!
- Festival: This isn't just a ride! We'll have a team tent zone, kids' games, product vendors, and more bike-focused fun to keep you entertained throughout the day. CCAP staff, along with a DJ, will be on-hand to lead the fun!
- Delicious Food and Drink: Riders are welcome to enjoy a light, pre-ride arrangement of pastries and coffee, then we will kick off the ride with a quick ceremony of Fundraising Awards (including top fundraiser and top junior fundraiser)! Enjoy the ride and then join us for a catered picnic lunch, live DJ, games, and a raffle to celebrate their riding, fundraising, and accomplishments.
- Route Files and Timed Segments: Official Route Files are HERE! There will be timed segments via Ride with GPS, so you will need to set up a free account to be counted if you don't already have one. There MAY or may not be some awesomely adorable prizes available for those (Juniors and Adults) who place top 10. Standings will be based on the fastest overall combined times of all 5 segments. However, please remember they are optional and NOT a race. Always ride with safety in mind!
Please visit our to sign up! All volunteers will receive complimentary breakfast and lunch after the ride! No fundraising is required for volunteers, however is so appreciated! No amount is too little for any fundraising efforts, please check out our Fundraising Tips Packet for more details (Click here). For volunteer questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please see timeline on our Bike Reg page (Click here).
60 Villa Louisa Rd
Bolton, CT 06043
Ride Routes (available for download HERE)
- The Sampler - 20 Mile Road Ride
- The Double Trouble- 40 Mile Road Ride
- The Big Scoop - 63 Mile Road Ride w/optional Timed Segments
- The Banana Split - 14 Mile MTB Ride. Aventure Mountain Bike Loops w/ optional Timed Segments
- The Sundae- 7 Mile MTB Ride
The Connecticut Cycling Advancement Program's mission is to ensure that Connecticut's youth and their families have access and exposure to an organized state-wide youth cycling league. Additionally, youth and their parents should be able to see a clear avenue that allows them to develop as far as their ambition, skills, and abilities can take them. The sport of cycling teaches a child or young adult a wealth of values, social skills, and mindsets that help them become successful in every aspect of their life, and the CCAP is proud to provide kids across the state with the opportunity to participate in a safe and positive team-based environment.
Recognized nationally for its impact and leadership, the CCAP partners with communities and schools to grow youth cycling throughout Connecticut. More than 55 Connecticut school districts and towns have created CCAP-registered cycling programs or are in the process of establishing cycling clubs and teams. over 550 youth participate in these programs. In addition, 40 CCAP youth-specific events were held in 2019. With your help, the CCAP is just getting started!