Each year, our local LIONS CLUB works hard to raise funds for our neighbors in need by sponsoring The Hungry Lion Bike Tour , one of Southern Vermont’s premier cycling events, typically attracting hundreds of riders, friends and family members to our region. We are able to run this professional-caliber event thanks to dedicated volunteers AND the enthusiastic contributions from participants and their sponsors! Our 2022 Event will be held in person with a Virtual Option for those not able to attend in person. We've also added an option for folks who would like to walk/hike!
How do Lions help our community?
- We feed hundreds of local families thru our Holiday Food Baskets Program
- We provide FREE vision testing to ALL local school children
- We help local families struggling with the impact of medical costs
- We provide education grants and scholarships to local students
- We provide eyeglass & vision care grants for lower-income neighbors
- We help sponsor an annual Diabetes Awareness fair and educational programs
- We participate in Green-Up, recycling and environmental awareness programs
- We build, paint, repair and clean up for nonprofit community organizations
- We partner with Rotary and other service clubs to help with important community projects