Each year, our local LIONS CLUB works hard to raise funds for our neighbors in need by sponsoring The Hungry Lion Bike Tour , one of Southern Vermont’s premier cycling events, typically attracting hundreds of riders, friends and family members to our region. We are able to run this professional-caliber event thanks to dedicated volunteers AND the enthusiastic contributions from participants and their sponsors! Our club has made the difficult but necessary decision for the 9th Annual Hungry Lion Bike Tour to go Virtual in 2020. We are so excited to turn these proverbial lemons into lemonade by providing a great opportunity for folks to participate from their own local communities!
Overview of the Virtual Approach:
- The event will run from September 19th – September 27th.
- People can participate on their own or with a small group (socially distant) – wherever you are, near or far. Maps are available from our traditional tours for those who’d like to follow those routes.
- Register as a team of 5-8, and receive a discounted registration fee for all riders. Note: you will be required to register and pay for all team members at the same time.
- Participants can ride/walk as many times and for as many miles as they wish during that week!
- As an option this year, a Hungry Lion Walk engages those who prefer two feet to two wheels. Same as for cyclists – go as far and as often as you wish!
- We’ll ask you to log your mileage during the tour – this can be done by sharing information from a Strava account (encouraged) or manually right on your registration page (so be sure to keep your link and password handy). Details to follow.
- We will continue to use Pledge Reg to track fundraising efforts. Remember, funds you raise this year will go toward earning your 10th anniversary jersey in 2021.
- Each day, we will recognize select participants based on their efforts both physical and fundraising!
- We will have a Live Virtual Event shortly after HLBT 2020, to celebrate achievements.
- Registration opens on July 1, 2020.