The CCAP Breakaway Benefit is a fundraising event for youth cycling programs in Connecticut's schools and towns. Your participation starts more youth teams, empowers more coaches to lead, and gets more kids on bikes! THANK YOU!
“What the difference is....in my opinion was the CCAP. Many of our kids have never been out of town, to a mountain bike area, etc.... Many can’t afford team sports or their behavior would not be tolerated in a team environment. Having a sport like cycling and being able to spend time with friends is important to these kids.” - Coach Bill Davis, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford
Breakaway Benefit Challenge Experiences:
In order to #RideItOut and get through COVID-19 together, the CCAP has transitioned Breakaway Benefit into a multiple day challenge that lets everyone stay apart but still ride together. Fundraising starts NOW but the events run from May 27th-31st, 2020. Check out our BikeReg Page for more specifics!
- Digital Engagement: This year, we'll be using the digital engagement platform, Zoom, to host our awards ceremony, as well as weekly interviews with special guests on a variety of levels, from winning national championships to ripping gravel and single track, to trail stewardship and bike building.
- Zwift Experience: The CCAP staff and Junior Travel Team will lead multiple Zwift meet-ups throughout the week. In addition to these virtual rides, we will select 4 total, well-established, races, and group rides to ride in and compete with our fellow fundraisers.
- Strava Challenges: Unable or unwilling to ride on Zwift or just want a little something extra? That's okay! We have created a list of Strava challenges that you won't want to miss and will keep you riding all week long!
- CCAP Swag: What more could you want? Swag? All riders who register will get a basic swag package with CCAP Merch. The catch is, the more you fundraise, the more you get! Stay tuned for specific items.
- Looking to volunteer? With the current COVID-19 healthy emergency, we will not be offering any in-person volunteer positions. Please consider fundraising as an alternative, everything helps!