May 7, 2022- Farmington, CT
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit Cycling Festival is a fundraising event for youth cycling programs in Connecticut's schools and towns. Your participation starts more youth teams, empowers more coaches to lead, and gets more kids on bikes! THANK YOU!
“What the difference is....in my opinion was the CCAP. Many of our kids have never been out of town, to a mountain bike area, etc.... Many can’t afford team sports or their behavior would not be tolerated in a team environment. Having a sport like cycling and being able to spend time with friends is important to these kids.” - Coach Bill Davis, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford
Breakaway Benefit Experiences
- Mountain Bike and Road Rides for ALL: Enjoy Connecticut's most beautiful and scenic roads during fully supported rides of different lengths. Our Road Sampler is perfect for a beginner to novice rider and is fully-marked so no need for a navigation device if you don't have one. The Big Scoop offers fun for riders of all abilities but is a bit longer - ride at your own pace or have fun with the optional Strava segments! Mountain bikers, or those who want to get lost (metaphorically) in the woods, will have unlimited access to over 12 miles of groomed trails. We will suggest routes and will have optional Strava segments but you are also free to roam!
- Festival: This isn't just a ride! We'll have a team tent zone, kids games, product vendors, and more bike-focused fun to keep you entertained throughout the day. CCAP staff, along with DJ Bott, will be on-hand to lead the fun!
- Delicious Food and Drink: Riders are welcome to enjoy a light, pre-ride breakfast and will return to our catered picnic lunch to celebrate their riding, and fundraising, accomplishments. Stick around for awards and fun - including our popular raffle - kicking kick off at 1:00 pm!
- Route files coming soon to those who sign up!
- Strava Segments: We whipped up some great routes, along with a few challenging Strava segments, for you to enjoy. We're keeping track and might award prizes for those who register for the ride and our Strava club (Click here).
- Want to volunteer? Please visit our Volunteer Page to sign up! All volunteers will receive complimentary breakfast and lunch after the ride! No fundraising is required for volunteers but is encouraged. For volunteer questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please visit our volunteer page to sign up! All volunteers will receive complimentary breakfast and lunch after the ride! No fundraising is required for volunteers but any fundraising is appreciated. For volunteer questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event timeline specifics coming soon!
50 Winding Trails
Farmington, CT 06032
Ride Routes (GPS files coming soon!)
- The Sampler - 20 Mile Road Ride
- The Big Scoop - 50 Road Ride w/optional Strava Segments
- The Banana Split - Aventure Mountain Bike Loops w/ optional Strava Segments