Thanks for visiting my page! Together we are making an incredible impact on the lives of thousands of young people through the sport of cycling.
Making a donation is easy and safe- simply click the "Donate" button.
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit Challenge
The CCAP Breakaway Benefit is a fundraising event for youth cycling programs in Connecticut's schools and towns. Your participation starts more youth teams, empowers more coaches to lead, and gets more kids on bikes! THANK YOU!
“What the difference is....in my opinion was the CCAP. Many of our kids have never been out of town, to a mountain bike area, etc.... Many can’t afford team sports or their behavior would not be tolerated in a team environment. Having a sport like cycling and being able to spend time with friends is important to these kids.” - Coach Bill Davis, Dag Hammarskjold Middle School, Wallingford
Breakaway Benefit Challenge Experiences:
In order to #RideItOut and get through COVID-19 together, the CCAP has transitioned Breakaway Benefit into a multiple day challenge that lets everyone stay apart but still ride together. Fundraising starts NOW but the events run from May 27th-31st, 2020. Check out our BikeReg Page for more specifics!
- Digital Engagement: This year, we'll be using the digital engagement platform, Zoom, to host our awards ceremony, as well as weekly interviews with special guests on a variety of levels, from winning national championships to ripping gravel and single track, to trail stewardship and bike building.
- Zwift Experience: The CCAP staff and Junior Travel Team will lead multiple Zwift meet-ups throughout the week. In addition to these virtual rides, we will select 4 total, well-established, races, and group rides to ride in and compete with our fellow fundraisers.
- Strava Challenges: Unable or unwilling to ride on Zwift or just want a little something extra? That's okay! We have created a list of Strava challenges that you won't want to miss and will keep you riding all week long!
- CCAP Swag: What more could you want? Swag? All riders who register will get a basic swag package with CCAP Merch. The catch is, the more you fundraise, the more you get! Stay tuned for specific items.
- Looking to volunteer? With the current COVID-19 healthy emergency, we will not be offering any in-person volunteer positions. Please consider fundraising as an alternative, everything helps!
The Connecticut Cycling Advancement Program's mission is to ensure that Connecticut's youth and their families have access and exposure to an organized state-wide youth cycling league. Additionally, youth and their parents should be able to see a clear avenue that allows them to develop as far as their ambition, skills, and abilities can take them. The sport of cycling teaches a child or young adult a wealth of values, social skills, and mindsets that help them become successful in every aspect of their life, and the CCAP is proud to provide kids across the state with the opportunity to participate in a safe and positive team-based environment.
Recognized nationally for its impact and leadership, the CCAP partners with communities and schools to grow youth cycling throughout Connecticut. More than 55 Connecticut school districts and towns have created CCAP-registered cycling programs or are in the process of establishing cycling clubs and teams. over 550 youth participate in these programs. In addition, 40 CCAP youth-specific events were held in 2019. With your help, the CCAP is just getting started!