- My Story
Hello! Thanks for visiting my Hot Chocolate Run fundraising page!
The great folks at WEBS have made my pattern available so you can make your own Hot Chocolate Run Polar Bear, and every penny of the pattern price is donated to Safe Passage! I’ll keep track of all those pattern sales here so you can all see just how much of an impact one bitty-little pattern can have J
Get your copy of the pattern here:
You can join the #PolarBearKAL (Knit Along) on the WEBS Blog here:
It starts October 2 but you can join in at any time! And once you’ve finished your very own Hot Chocolate Run Polar Bear you might consider donating it, to be given to a child needing the services offered by Safe Passage. So not only will the cost of the pattern you purchased help support the victims of domestic violence but your bear can offer comfort to a child in their time of need.
Finished Polar Bears can be sent to:
Attn: HCR Polar Bear
6 Industrial Parkway
Easthampton, MA 01027
You can also join in on out #HotChocolateHolidays workshops where you’ll get to craft all kinds of goodies to help fill your gift lists and help Safe Passage at the same time. You can read more about these workshops here:
Here are some ways Safe Passage will put your gift to work:
$30: Resources, support and hope for a woman calling the 24-hour hotline
$55: A survivor's first counseling session. For many of Safe Passage's clients, this is the first time they've felt heard. It's the first time in years that they've felt hopeful.
$120: A drop-in support group session for survivors of domestic violence
$225: Information, advice and support for a survivor facing a divorce or custody dispute
$500: Healing counseling for a child who has witnessed violence
You can make a difference for families affected by domestic violence. I hope you’ll join me!
Thank you so much for your support! If you want to register for the event or learn more about it, visit http://hotchocolaterun.com.
- The Cause
Safe Passage is the organization in Hampshire County building safety, hope and justice for families who have lived with domestic violence. Adults and kids come to Safe Passage for a variety of programs: an emergency shelter, counseling and support groups, legal advocacy, and so much more. We also work to prevent domestic violence before it happens through our community engagement programs. We hope you'll join us in our work by making a donation! Learn more at our website.
- 40th Yarn & Patterns! donated $1,600.00 to Webs Yarn December 5, 2014
- WebLincers donated $500.00 to Webs Yarn December 4, 2014 ... "Great cause! Have fun too!"
- Berroco Yarns donated $500.00 to Webs Yarn December 4, 2014 ... "Go team Webs!"
- Total Pattern Purchases donated $303.26 October 6, 2014 ... "Pattern Sales Aug 30 - Oct 6"
- More Incredible Customers donated $294.33 November 7, 2014
- Jay Opperman donated $250.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014 ... "Happy to help out for your wonderful cause."
- Anonymous donated $225.00 October 13, 2014
- Anonymous donated $200.00 November 13, 2014
- MORE Amazing Customers donated $188.05 November 26, 2014
- Pattern Sales 10/6-10/21 donated $181.00 October 21, 2014
- Mrs. Crosby donated $139.95 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- anonymous donated $120.00 October 8, 2014
- Annabel and Jocelyn Wood and their parents donated $110.00 to Webs Yarn November 29, 2014
- Janice Kang donated $100.00 to Webs Yarn December 5, 2014 ... "Hooray for Team WEBS and Safe Passage!"
- Bentley warren donated $100.00 to Webs Yarn December 5, 2014 ... "Webs rocks"
- Melissa Gardiner donated $100.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- Yonca & Hal Ozbelli donated $100.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014 ... "Good Luck !"
- Friends donated $100.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014 ... "Thank ya'll for being wonderful."
- Wood Sisters donated $80.00 to Webs Yarn December 5, 2014
- Anonymous donated $75.00 to Webs Yarn December 7, 2014
- More Pattern Sales donated $60.00 December 5, 2014
- Jocelyn and Annabel Wood and their parents donated $55.00 to Webs Yarn December 1, 2014
- Allison Bell donated $50.00 to Webs Yarn December 5, 2014
- 4pawsmom donated $50.00 to Webs Yarn December 4, 2014
- Anonymous donated $50.00 to Webs Yarn December 4, 2014 ... "I'm a Webs customer, & feel strongly about this cause. I was fortunate to have a great neighbor who saved my life. God Bless these people."
- Fiber Hooligan donated $50.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- Debbi donated $50.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- Karen Minott donated $50.00 to Webs Yarn December 1, 2014 ... "Way to go team Webs! "
- Stern family donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 6, 2014
- Rubeck Family donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 4, 2014 ... "Great job Team Webs!"
- Mike's Mom donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 4, 2014
- Beth Decker donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- Norman and Marion Halpern donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- Karen Gengler donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 3, 2014
- The Cook Family donated $25.00 to Webs Yarn December 2, 2014 ... "Beautiful and amazing support for our community, thank you~"
- Andrea donated $25.00 October 20, 2014
- Dawnie Faux donated $20.00 to Webs Yarn December 6, 2014 ... "Go Carey and Theresa!"
Safe Passage is a 501 (c) (3) EIN: